Glendale Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
Aggressive Legal Representation for Southern California Injury Victims
When a negligent act leads to serious injury, you are entitled to file a lawsuit against the liable party for damages. A spinal cord injury can lead to serious disability and expensive medical care.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury to the spine, filing a claim for damages may be the only way you can manage to pay for your medical bills and other necessary expenses. Legal One Law Group, APC, APC can help. Our Glendale spinal cord injury lawyers will fight to obtain the compensation you need to recover to the best of your ability.
Contact our Glendale spinal cord injury attorneys now to get started with a free case evaluation.
What Are Spinal Cord Injuries?
The spinal cord is a bundle of nerves located in the back that facilitates communication between your body and your brain.
When the spinal cord is damaged, that communication is disrupted, and certain bodily functions may be impeded or lost entirely. Spinal cord injuries can be mild but often lead to permanent disability and/or death.
What Are the Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries?
Spinal cord injuries can be caused by:
- Acts of violence
They can also occur during a serious accident, like a fall. When a spinal cord injury is caused by negligence, the victim can file a personal injury claim against the person or people who caused the accident.
The most common causes of spinal cord injuries in personal injury claims are:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Sport and recreational accidents
Types of Spinal Cord Injuries
The ability to feel and control your limbs following a spinal cord injury depends on where the injury occurred on your spinal cord and the severity of the damage.
A spinal cord injury can be partial or complete:
- Partial (incomplete): When some motor and sensory functions remain intact below the site of the injury.
- Complete: The loss of all feeling and motor function below the location of the spinal cord injury.
Common types of spinal cord injuries include:
- Anterior Cord Syndrome: Damage to the front of the spinal cord, which typically results in impaired movement as well as a reduced sense of touch, pain, and temperature below the injury.
- Posterior Cord Syndrome: Damage done to the back of the spinal cord that leads to poor coordination.
- Central Cord Syndrome: A loss of function in the arms due to damage to the center of the spinal cord.
- Brown-Sequard Syndrome: When only one side of the spinal cord is damaged, it can lead to a condition in which one side of the body experiences a loss of movement but can still experience sensation, while the other side of the body has a loss of sensation but the ability to move is intact.
- Tetraplegia (quadriplegia): Partial or total paralysis of both the legs and arms as well as the torso.
- Paraplegia: Paralysis that affects both legs but leaves the ability to move your arms intact.
- Monoplegia: The paralysis of a single limb.
What Are the Long-Term Effects of Spinal Cord Injuries?
When someone experiences a spinal cord injury, it can seem as though every aspect of their life has been affected. The impact of such an injury takes a toll on victims physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, and financially.
The physical effects can be drastic. You may suddenly find that you can longer move and/or feel certain parts of your body.
Long-term physical effects of serious spinal cord injuries may include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Intense back pain
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Loss of or decreased motor function
- Loss of or decreased ability to feel sensations
- Changes in sexual function and fertility
- Uncontrollable spasms
Spinal cord injury victims may be traumatized or depressed due to their condition—reasonably so. In addition to physical therapy, spinal cord injury victims may require counseling and other support to help them cope with the injury.
The financial effects of such a serious injury can take a major toll as well. Victims of a spinal cord injury may require:
- Multiple surgeries
- Physical therapy
- Prescription medication
They may also have to purchase a wheelchair, install ramps in their home, and incur other expenses related to making their everyday lives more manageable considering their disability.
This is where our firm comes in. The Legal One Law Group, APC, APC team will fight to win compensation that will cover everything you need.
We can also assist you with getting proper medical treatment and other assistance transitioning to your new lifestyle. We understand that this is a tough time and look forward to helping in any way we can.
Call (818) 446-2009 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.
Everything was timely and professional!- Aza K.
You stuck by me from the beginning!- Carrie G., Yelp reviewer
Gayane is a life saver! Thanks, Legal One!- Mary K.
Gayane really did care about me, and especially my family.- Marco M.
Very patient while understanding my needs!- Michelle H., Yelp reviewer
$1 Million Negligent Security Case
$1.2 Million Smoke and Ash Property Damage
$565,000 Auto Accident
$340,000 Landlord Premises Liability
$1.1 Million Smoke and Ash Property Damage
$325,000 Motorcycle Accident
$500,000 Water Damage Claim
$300,000 Water Damage Claim